ACSA’s Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”)
1. ACSA collects Business Contact Information for membership purposes and for Business to Business purposes and activities.
2. Occasionally, however, we may collect Personal Data (e.g. NRIC number, Date of Birth and contact details) from training course attendees, government grant applicants and research survey participants.
3. At ACSA, we are committed to protecting the privacy of personal data collected and complying with our obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). How we collect Personal Data?
4. We need to collect Personal Data when employers submit an application form or other forms (physically or electronically) relating to any of our products and services including but not limiting to situations below: when you interact with our employees, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails; when you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us; when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;when you respond to our events, training courses, survey questionnaires and government schemes; when you are contacted by, and respond to, our employees for membership update information of the company; when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons. Why we collect Personal Data?
5. We collect and use the Personal Data to send you regular emails relating to our latest news and activities. Some of the Personal Data provided may also be required for research purposes and to process the training grants or government schemes you have applied for. Who we disclose Personal Data to.
6. We may disclose Personal Data to others where necessary for the purposes listed or otherwise required or allowed by law.
7. Government agencies to whom we may disclose Personal Data include the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), Police Licensing Regulatory Department (PLRD), the Workforce Singapore (WSG), SPRING Singapore, just to name a few.
8. This Policy has been prepared by ACSA to explain how we will collect, use and disclose Personal Data
9. An individual is deemed to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal data by ACSA for training, certification and funding purposes if the individual voluntarily provides the personal data to ACSA.
10. Please note that if you do not consent to ACSA’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data, this may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services. Access to Personal Data and Complaints
11. Individuals may ask to access the Personal Data we hold or seek correction by contacting our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”). Any other enquiries or complaints in relation to the collection, use, disclosure and care of Personal Data should also be made to the DPO via the following
Data Protection Officer,
Association of Certified Security Agency,
33 Sam Leong Road
12. Please note that we may update this Policy from time to time and amend it to reflect changes in law or business changes.
You may review the Policy at our website at www.acsa.org.sg to stay informed on how we are protecting your personal data.