Welcome to the Association of Certified Security Agencies…
1. CSA-SAS JOINT DINNER – STATE OF SECURITY INDUSTRY
A historic gala Dinner 2018, jointly brought to you by ACSA and SAS on the 30th November 2018 at the Hard Rock Hotel, East Ballroom, Basement 2, RWS Sentosa, Singapore. Home Affairs and Law Minister K Shanmugam will be the Guest of Honour at the event. Make a date with us and be part of this milestone event.
Tables of 10 persons are priced at $1288 each. The menu includes Chinese Halal or Chinese Vegetarian. For reservations, contact our Secretariat Officer, Ms K Santhi via email firstname.lastname@example.org. LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE.
2. AMENDMENTS TO LICENSING CONDITIONS
a. Security Officers
– Removal of condition which mandates CoC compliance – Section 2 on PWM will be updated to incorporate the recent approved changes on wage ladder, overtime exemption, years-ingrade and job functions
b. Security Agencies
– Removal of conditions no longer necessary, e.g. prohibition against hiring VSC – Inclusion of new training requirement “Perform Security Duties at Protected Areas and Protected Places” for security officers deployed at PA/PP locations – Section 2 on PWM will be updated to incorporate the recent approved changes on wage ladder, overtime exemption, years-ingrade and job functions • Once draft conditions are ready, PLRD will circulate to the industry for inputs • Proposed changes slated to take effect on 1 Jan 2019. Source : PLRD, SPF
3. PROCESSING OF MALAYSIAN CITIZENS AS SOs
- It will take between 14 to 21 days to complete the processing of a Malaysian WP Holders. You can contact PLRD directly or email us at email@example.com for clarification.
4. RTT TRAINING
- 61% of active SOs are still untrained in RTT/HCTA
- Even with the exclusion of estimated 20% deployment at warehouse/condominiums, there’s still a projected shortfall of 9% on 1 Jan 2020
- SOs who are untrained in RTT and deployed at non-warehouse/non-condo will be in breach of licensing condition
- SAs will also be liable
- SAs should send their SOs for RTT training early to avoid last minute capacity issue. Source : PLRD, SPF
5. SECURITY PASSES FOR LICENSEES
a. Licensees of SAs were encouraged to apply for security passes from PLRD, so that they will not flout Section 13 of the Private Security Industry Act, Chapter 250 A. Where appropriate, PLRD would grant exemptions from course requirements or year in grade requirements on a case by case basis.
6. SIC Tech Manpower Catalyst Session
The details of the event are as follows:
Event: SIC Tech Manpower Catalyst Session
Date: 28 January 2019 (Monday)
Time: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Venue: Hall 1 & 2 (Level 1), Devan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability, 80 Jurong East St 21, Singapore 609607
SAs can drop by anytime between 2-5pm to look at the displays and strike up conversations with the vendors. Please note that the format of the session is the same as our previous run. You can register your interest with the firstname.lastname@example.org